Click the thumbnail photos to enhance!
This specimen was thought to be a combination of the orange and the blue/green colour forms.
This specimen was posted on 19 April 2017 as Doridoidea sp. 04 Superfamily: Rafinesque, 1815 with the comment: "It might be a juvenile orange colour form of Doris immonda." It was identified by Dr. Richard C. Willan, thanks!
This species was placed by many authors in the genus Siraius Er. Marcus, 1955, which Valdés (2002) synonymized with Doris Linnaeus, 1758.
Doris immonda is at many websites and uw-guides under the names:
Doris nucleola Pease, 1860 or Siraius nucleola (Pease, 1860), let quote Robert F. Bolland: "I've decided that Bill Rudman's message on the Sea Slug Forum (Rudman, 2000) concerning S. immonda provides a credible reason to change the name S. nucleola to that of S. immonda."
There are at the internet pictures of the orange variant from Japan, from Australia, from the Red Sea, and from the Pacific Coast of Mexico , of the green variant from from Australia, and of the blue variant (as S. nucleola) from Hawaii.
- Brodie, G.D.; Willan, R.C. 1993. Redescription and taxonomic reappraisal of the tropical Indo-Pacific nudibranch Siraius nucleola (Pease, 1860) (Anthobranchia, Doridoidea, Dorididae). Veliger 36(2):124-133.
- Baba, K. 1993. A new record of Siraius nucleola (Pease, 1860) (Nudibranchia: Dorididae) from Japan. Venus 52(4):291-297.
- Rudman, W.B. 2000 (April 14). Siraius immonda (Risbec, 1928). [In] Sea Slug Forum. Australian Museum, Sydney.
Available from: http://www.seaslugforum.net/showall/siraimmo
- Bolland, Robert F. 2005 (03 Jan 05). Siraius immonda (Risbec, 1928). in OKINAWA SLUG SITE!
Available from: http://rfbolland.com/okislugs/siraimmo.html
- Valdés Á. (2002). A phylogenetic analysis and systematic revision of the cryptobranch dorids (Mollusca, Nudibranchia, Anthobranchia). Zoological Journal of the Linnean Society 136: 535-636
More information on Doris immonda as Siraius immonda are on Bill Rudman's Sea-Slug Forum!
How to cite:
Köhler, E. (2018), published 10 May 2018, Doris immonda (Risbec, 1928)
available from https://www.Philippine-Sea-Slugs.com/Nudibranchia/Doridina/Doris_immonda.htm